Door County, Wisconsin
Located on a picturesque peninsula between Lake Michigan and Green Bay, Door County offers scenic drives, charming small towns, and outdoor activities like hiking, kayaking, and fishing. Visitors can also sample local wines, cheeses, and cherries.
This quaint town on the shores of Lake Michigan is known for its artistic community, sandy beaches, and historic architecture. Visitors can browse art galleries, take a dune buggy ride, or hike through nearby state parks.
Galena is a historic town nestled in the rolling hills of northwest Illinois, known for its 19th-century architecture, antique shops, and wineries. Visitors can take a historic walking tour, go hot air ballooning, or enjoy a round of golf at one of the town's championship courses.
Top 10 Experiences In and Around Chicago:
- Visit the Art Institute of Chicago: Explore one of the country's oldest and largest art museums, featuring works by iconic artists such as Monet, Van Gogh, and Warhol. (https://www.artic.edu/)
- Take a stroll through Millennium Park: Admire the famous "Bean" sculpture, catch a free outdoor concert, or simply people-watch in this popular downtown park. (https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/depts/dca/supp_info/millennium_park.html)
- Go on a river cruise: See Chicago's famous architecture from a unique perspective on a guided boat tour of the Chicago River. (https://www.architecture.org/tours/detail/chicago-river-cruise/)
- Catch a game at Wrigley Field: Cheer on the Chicago Cubs in one of the most iconic ballparks in America. (https://www.mlb.com/cubs/ballpark)
- Visit Navy Pier: Take a ride on the Ferris wheel, enjoy the lakefront views, or dine at one of the many restaurants at this popular tourist destination. (https://navypier.org/)
- Explore Lincoln Park Zoo: See animals from around the world in this free zoo located in the heart of Chicago's Lincoln Park neighborhood. (https://www.lpzoo.org/)
- Check out the Museum of Science and Industry: Experience interactive exhibits and hands-on learning at this museum dedicated to science and technology. (https://www.msichicago.org/)
- Sample deep dish pizza: No trip to Chicago is complete without trying the city's famous deep dish pizza. Check out Lou Malnati's or Giordano's for some of the best. (https://www.loumalnatis.com/ https://giordanos.com/)
- Take in a show at the Chicago Theatre: See a Broadway musical or comedy show in this historic venue in the heart of the Loop. (https://www.msg.com/venues/chicago-theatre)
- Visit the Field Museum: See Sue, the world's largest and most complete Tyrannosaurus rex fossil, as well as other exhibits on natural history and anthropology. (https://www.fieldmuseum.org/)