Head south to Cape Cod, a picturesque peninsula known for its beaches, quaint towns, and fresh seafood. Visitors can bike the Cape Cod Rail Trail, visit the Cape Cod National Seashore, or explore the historic villages of Provincetown and Chatham.
Explore the spooky history of Salem, famous for its witch trials in the late 1600s. Visitors can tour the Salem Witch Museum, walk the historic streets lined with colonial-era houses, and sample local cuisine at the many restaurants in town.
White Mountains, NH
Head north to New Hampshire's White Mountains, a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts. Visitors can hike the scenic trails of Franconia Notch State Park, take the scenic drive on the Kancamagus Highway, or ride the cog railway to the summit of Mount Washington.
Top 10 Experiences In and Around Boston:
- Walk the Freedom Trail - The Freedom Trail is a 2.5-mile-long path that takes visitors to 16 historical sites throughout Boston, including the Massachusetts State House, Paul Revere's House, and the Old North Church. Learn more at: https://www.thefreedomtrail.org/
- Visit the Boston Tea Party Ships and Museum - Learn about the events that led to the American Revolution and immerse yourself in a living history museum that brings the Boston Tea Party to life. Learn more at: https://www.bostonteapartyship.com/
- Explore the Museum of Fine Arts - This world-renowned museum has an impressive collection of over 450,000 works of art from around the world. Learn more at: https://www.mfa.org/
- Stroll through the Boston Public Garden - This beautiful park in the heart of Boston features stunning gardens, walking paths, and a famous swan boat ride. Learn more at: https://www.boston.gov/parks/boston-public-garden
- Catch a game at Fenway Park - Home of the Boston Red Sox, Fenway Park is one of the oldest and most iconic baseball stadiums in the country. Learn more at: https://www.mlb.com/redsox/ballpark
- Shop at Faneuil Hall Marketplace - This historic marketplace features over 100 shops, restaurants, and food vendors in a charming cobblestone setting. Learn more at: https://www.faneuilhallmarketplace.com/
- Visit the New England Aquarium - See thousands of aquatic creatures, including penguins, sea turtles, and sharks, and learn about marine conservation efforts. Learn more at: https://www.neaq.org/
- Walk the Charles River Esplanade - This scenic park along the Charles River offers stunning views of the city skyline, walking and biking paths, and outdoor concerts and events. Learn more at: https://www.esplanade.org/
- Take a Harvard University Tour - Explore one of the most prestigious universities in the world and learn about its history and traditions. Learn more at: https://www.harvard.edu/campus-and-culture/tours-and-visitors
- Enjoy a seafood feast at Legal Sea Foods - This beloved local chain is famous for its fresh seafood dishes, including clam chowder, lobster rolls, and baked stuffed shrimp. Learn more at: https://www.legalseafoods.com/