A spa can be the perfect New York weekend getaway for Fall – or anytime of the year. Gather your friends, or surprise your sweetheart and head out of the city for a relaxing weekend trip!
One place to consider is the Buttermilk Falls Inn & Spa (220 North Rd, Milton NY). It actually is a farm as well, where many of the ingredients for spa treatments are made. Try their “Signature Millstone Farm Honey Facial” – made with honey produced by bees on the farm.
Buttermilk Falls Inn & Spa is located about an hour and a half from New York City, on 70 acres of land on the Hudson Valley. The spa itself is surrounded by trees, creeks, ponds, and and lush gardens – all coming together to create a serene setting. There is even access to trails and waterfalls (Buttermilk Falls) nearby.
And while your body relaxes, you can relax your mind as well, at least when it comes to the eco-friendliness of the spa treatments – it’s goal is to be a leader in terms of being eco-friendly and sustainable in the services it provides.
Facilities include a glass-enclosed relaxation area and indoor endless pool (where you can swim against a current). There is also an inn (located in a beautifully maintained historic house, built around 1764), restaurant (also featuring locally grown ingredients) and farm (home to a group of rescued alpacas, Angora goats, miniature donkeys, llamas, peacocks, chickens, etc).
Round out your weekend trip by hiking the nearby Hudson Valley Rail Trail, going antique hunting in town, or touring Hudson Valley wine country.
- Enjoy with: Your sweetheart/significant other! Also great with a group of friends.
- Cost: Spa treatments range in price, depending on treatment. Rooms for overnight stays vary depending on location – main house, or guests cottages.
- Hours: Friday-Saturday 9am-8pm, Sunday-Thursday 9am-7pm.
- Visitor tips: Give yourself time to relax by the pool, explore the grounds, the farm, the restaurant… in other words, why rush?
- For more information or to book a tour visit the official website for Buttermilk Falls Inn and Spa.
What’s your favorite spa weekend trip? Let us know in the comments below!
Find this author on twitter @MirabelVega.