For those on a quest to experience a highly creative weekend event, Canada’s premiere design fair is back!
The Interior Design Show (IDS13) returns to Toronto this weekend and the Metro Toronto Convention Centre will once again play host to the newest and most innovative products in the country that will be presented by over 300 exhibitors.
While the IDS kicks off with a media preview and opening gala on Thursday, it doesn’t officially opens its doors to the public until Saturday and Sunday.
Some of the highlights include:
- Designboom Mart: You can meet emerging international designers in a reconstructed street market setting where all furniture items for sale will be priced between $1 and $100.
- Modern Kid: This exhibit of the best contemporary interior design ideas for kids features displays from Playable Studio, Monte Design, Stokke and Three Pears.
- ONEXONE Cherish Auction: Blu Dot Real Good Chairs are auctioned off to raise money for ONEXONE’s children’s charity. Each chair sports a unique digital design.
- Design Icons: A display of original art designed by Karim Rashid, Jurgen Mayer H., Christiane Lemieux and Douglas Coupland presented on… wait for it… car exteriors!
- Creative Class: New designers are highlighted from some of the best design programs in Canada.
- Speakers: Highly-anticipated speakers include International Guest of Honour Oki Sato along with Karim Rashid, John Gidding, and Lynda Reeves’ interview with Bonnie Brooks