Halloween is just around the corner – so if you are getting a head-start this weekend on this spooky celebration, check out some of these Halloween events in Chicago this weekend.
With the Kids:
- The whole family can enjoy Click, Clack Boo! A Tricky Treat, a musical about barnyard animals planning a Halloween Party – and trying to convince ol’ Farmer Brown to allow and join in the fun. Lifeline Theatre. Saturday and Sunday, 11am and 1pm, tickets are $15.
- How about learning about some of the city’s darker/infamous past… and even local paranormal stories, while taking a nighttime tour on the Chicago River? Offered by Seadog, the “Haunted Tours” depart from Navy Pier. Friday October 25 at 6:15pm, Saturday October 27 at 6:15 and 8:15pm, Sunday October 28 at 6:15pm. Tickets start from $21.95
- Explore historic Mayslake Hall while Searching for Peabody’s Tomb. This interactive mystery unfolds as you are guided through the mansion by the ghostly butler. Tours run every half hour, reservations are recommended. Friday through Sunday (and continuing until October 31), 7-10:30pm. Admission is $10.
- Supernatural Chicago is on at the Castle (formerly Excalibur, and itself said to be haunted). “Necromancer” Neil Tobin blends local paranormal history with an interactive one-man show, featuring psychic demonstrations and magic. Friday October 25, 7:30pm. Tickets are $25 and include two free drinks.
- Let mentalist Sidney Friedman give you Mind Shivers: one of the longest-running Halloween shows in Chicago, Friedman has been amazing audiences at Davenports’s Piano Bar and Cabaret for 15 years. Friday October 25 and Saturday October 26, 8pm; Sunday October 27 at 7pm. $20 / 2 drink minimum.
- The pH Comedy Theater will transform into Dr. Frank-N-Furter’s laboratory for their version of The Rocky Horror Show. Audience participation is strongly encouraged! Friday and Saturday at 9:30pm. Tickets are $20, $15 for students.
- Who doesn’t love Zombies… AND musical theater? Stage 773 has both in Musical of the Living Dead. Sit in the front row “splatter zone,” or simply sit back and experience the tap-dancing, singing and even rapping undead. Friday and Saturday at 8 and 11pm. Tickets are $25.
- Death Toll—A Drinking Game Performance: is a live drinking game – where the audience drinks as the death toll in the performed sketches rises. Guest appearances by Charles Manson and Gordon Ramsey. At the Cornservatory, Friday and Saturday 11pm, tickets $15, BYOB.
- The Kiss Kiss Cabaret has a Halloween-themed burlesque show. Peek-A-Boo: An Ooky Spooky Burlesque includes a glow-in-the-dark number, emceed by Mr. Bones. At the Greenhouse Theater Center, Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 11pm. Tickets are $20 at the door, $15 in advance.
Out on the Town:
- Featuring DJ Griz, rapper Danny Brown, Dada Life, Clockwork and Craze among others, the Freaky Deaky V Halloween Costume Party goes Friday and Saturday at the Aragon Entertainment Center. Friday October 25 at 7pm, $29. Saturday October 26 at 8pm, $35.
- Why party at just one bar when you could do 20? Dress in your best costume, and let the Halloween Trolley Crawl take you to over 20 bars around Old Town, Lincoln Park, and River North. Saturday October 26 at 8pm. Tickets for the Halloween Trolley Crawl gets you 3 drinks, no cover, and drink specials at each bar. Early bird $34, last minute $45.
- With a Casino Royale theme, Tower of Terror is a formal dance party, including blackjack and poker tables, snacks, and an open bar. Electronic music and dubstep provided by BottleRokitz, Papa Skunk and Pandamonium, at the Willis Tower. Takes place Friday October 25 at 9pm, tickets are $80.
Find this author on twitter @MirabelVega.