Luminato is a week-long multidisciplinary art festival that kicks off this weekend. It encompasses visual art, music, drama, literary and more! There’s something for everyone. The festival runs from June 15- 23 in various locations in Toronto.
1. The Food: Food trucks will be tempting festival goers daily with an array of tastes. Still hungry? During the opening weekend, the city’s best chefs will feature their delicious offerings in culinary collaboration with kids at the Kids’ Table. Kids will serve up their tasty creations for $5 a dish.
2. Go on a Literary Picnic: Hang out in Trinity Bellwoods Park with over 60 accomplished authors. Listen to them read selections from their own work on three stages. Authors will be setting up their own picnic blanket and will be open to talk to the public during the day. During the event, bring your gently loved books for a swap!
3. Check out the life sized claw machine: In the heart of the financial district, Stockpile will be a life-size interactive arcade style claw machine. This machine will be filled with donated useful items from the public and surprises. What will you get?
4. See a fashionable installation: Viktor&Rolf have created a new catwalk platform to display their one of a kind Victorian dolls. Each doll is dressed to the nines in handcrafted outfits by the duo. Viktor&Rolf Dolls will be displayed in the Spirit House at the Royal Ontario Museum.
5. Be Mystified: Steve Cohen is a master magician. 70 audience members will be treated to an intimate magical performance that will engage the mind as well as enthrall. (Please note this event is adults only)